Sunday, February 13, 2011

Sunrise Skies



Sunrise is a beautiful time on the beach - not too hot, not too cold, the light varies from ethereal fog when even the sounds of the waves are muffled and you can't see a soul along the length of the beach, to pale blue skies that brighten as the minutes pass to become cloudless azure skies, to sunlit clouds that shine with a rosy glow and rays of light streaming out as the clouds clear. Even dim, cloudy mornings that completely obscure the sun (mind you these normally clear by mid morning) have their own steely beauty.

2 comments:

  1. Annette,

    I love morning on the beach - so peaceful.

    A full-moon lighting the water is beautiful, but I've always felt being on the beach at night was eerie. Early morning walks are one of my favorite things when we go to the beach - I know that sunlight is coming, the tide is calm, and all seems right with the world. Beautiful image. Rita

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhh, Annette. This is one of those kinds of pictures that I can just look at and look at. I want to crawl inside the frame and be there!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!